A letter from the Chairman.
The ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Friends of Shanklin Theatre will be held on Monday 16th April 2018 at 7.30pm. Theatre Doors open at 7.00 pm. This will take place in the Theatre, Prospect Road, Shanklin. You will also find confirmation of the AGM on the FOSTwebsite: www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk .
The agenda will cover Annual Reports from the Committee Officers, some minor changes to the Constitution, a report from the Shanklin Theatre Managing Director and the election of the Committee Members for 2018-2019. Within the agenda, the following points will be included:
- Three proposed amendments to the FOST Constitution. All of which have been highlighted in red in the draft attachment.
- The first in Section 8, takes into account forthcoming changes in Data Protection rules, which will allow members to opt out of receiving emails should they so wish.
- The second under Section 10, Accounts and Financial Matters, becomes under 10.1.2 an amalgamation of previous sub clauses in that section, confirming that FOST payments and receipts which now come under the umbrella of the Shanklin Theatre and Community Trust, will be forwarded annually to the Trust for scrutiny and inclusion by their accountants as part of their own financial reporting each year.
- The third amendment in section 10.2, has been slightly amended to take into account that alongside cheques, we now use on-line banking as part of FOST’s payment processes.
- Alongside the proposed amendments to the Constitution, the AGM agenda will also include a motion to increase FOST Annual Membership from the current rate of £10.00 to £12.00. This current membership cost has been in place since the inception of FOST.
Please note that to vote you will need to be 16 years old or over and that your FOST Membership must be up to date.
Our proposed Constitution which includes the changes mentioned above is included as an attachment to this letter, along with our agenda for the AGM and a Committee Nomination Form. However, if you have difficulty in printing these documents, then copies will be available from the Box Office.
Nominations for the Committee can be made, at any time, up until the deadline of the start of the meeting. Nomination forms will also be available on the night, in the Theatre Foyer.
At the end of our formal business, the meeting will conclude with a presentation from Shanklin Theatre’s Managing Director, Vic Farrow, on his experiences working ‘Behind the Scenes’ with those in the World of Show Business.
We will also be holding an AGM Raffle at the close of the evening and so would welcome donations of prizes. All the proceeds will go to the FOST funds. The Theatre Bar will also be open at the close of the meeting, should you wish to stay on for a chat and a drink.
As mentioned, a Committee Nomination form is included with this letter. Should you wish more information on any of the roles that have to be filled, please come along to our Coffee Cake & Chat morning on Saturday 7th April between 10 am and 12 pm, at which some of the present Committee will be available to answer any questions you may have.
This year we will be celebrating the 10th Anniversary of Saving Shanklin Theatre from closure, thanks to the efforts of FOST and various members of our community. To mark this milestone, we have a special celebration evening planned at the Theatre on the 2nd October. Further details regarding this event will be published in due course. Looking to the future, our Theatre continues to take great strides and all of us on the FOST Committee very much appreciate the valuable support received from throughout our membership. We hope that you will be able to attend our AGM and look forward to your continuing support in the year ahead.
With best regards,
Chair, Friends of Shanklin Theatre